June & July
We are braving the drought, the heatwave, and the hungry squirrels. Two days a week, Roosevelt Island students come to the Living Library garden to learn, maintain and harvest veggies, make projects, and cool off. Each day the garden looks more inviting to everyone including the squirrels.
Come by and see some of our projects:
• Cucumber alley, an abundant crop of Pickling Cucumbers growing on a barricade stanchion.
• The potato tower, a new experiment in potato growing.
• Snap peas, watermelons and Pumpkins grow vertically up the fence.
• Rows of collard greens, basil, tomatoes, corn, and peppers.
• Welcome banners painted by all.
• Late harvest lettuce, radishes and carrots planted by the Child School